DIY :: Apple Cider Vinegar Dry Scalp & Dandruff Treatment

Posted on Jul 1 2013 - 2:36pm by Melissa

I’ve spent a good amount of money of dry scalp and dandruff products and figured, there has to be a cheaper way than this, so I did some research on DIY recipes and discovered that Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is great natural way to relieve dandruff, dry scalp, and buildup in your hair.   Many hair products can leave our hair lackluster and scalp clogged, and itchy and some medicated shampoos and ointments are usually effective, but they’re pretty costly and packed with unnatural ingredients that can strip the hair of vial healthy nutrients.   ACV contains enzymes and properties that act as a fungicide and cleanser, the acidity of ACV changes the pH of your scalp, so it kills of the fungus that causes reoccurring dandruff and itchy scalp.

HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:

– Apple Cider Vinegar

– Water

– Spray Bottle

HOW TO APPLY

Mix a quarter-cup apple cider vinegar with a quarter-cup water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and spritz it on to your hair and scalp. Wrap your head in a towel. Leave on for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, then remove the towel and wash your hair.

I tried the ACV rinse yesterday, left it in for about an hour and followed up with Shea Moisture’s Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo.  I deep conditioned with Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask and applied a DIY leave-in conditioner of water and coconut oil.

HAVE YOU TRIED THE ACV RINSE?? LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Yong @ Home Dandruff Remedy July 8, 2013 at 3:56 am - Reply

I didn’t know apple cider vinegar can be used for treating dandruff. This is certainly useful information for me. Thanks for sharing!

2. Elle August 25, 2013 at 10:37 pm - Reply

I have actually been using ACV on my scalp for about 4 months now. I use a color applicator bottle to apply it to tbe scalp, massage it in, put a conditioning cap on and let it sit for an hour. I shampoo and condition with carols daughter products. This regimen has been working great for my dry and itchy scalp.

3. Violet hayward January 12, 2014 at 10:28 am - Reply

Thank you so much for the idea for the dry scalp issue I’ve tried just about everything else. I will let you know how the results were. Now I know what to do with the A.C.V. I never really used.

4. carrie February 5, 2014 at 5:18 pm - Reply

fabulous advice!

5. Margarita Mitra February 17, 2014 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Aftertreatment can I use any conditioner. Pl advise. Thank you. Margarita

• Margarita Mitra February 17, 2014 at 6:07 pm - Reply

Please advise if I can use any conditioner after treatment.
      Thank you.