Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of doing Steph, a stay-at-home moms makeup. While Steph is a natural beauty, as a wife and mother of three, she rarely has the opportunity to try a more glamorous look. So we spent a Sunday afternoon glamming her up a bit.
Heres a brief rundown on what we did:
We used Black Opals True Color Stick Foundation. The foundation gave her an amazing coverage, but not too heavy still able to see her beautiful freckles. We added false lashes, that were natural looking to help beautifully frame her eyes. Finally we gave her a fun, yet pink lip to compliment her complexion.
As I said before, shes a natural beauty, so she really didnt need much, and her chic haircut, definitely added to the makeover.
Here are a few makeup tips for busy moms who want to update their look:
1. No time for foundation? Try a tinted moisturizer. This will save you the time it takes to put on both a moisturizer and foundation. Plus give you an added bonus of sun protection, a natural look and its perfect for summer when you dont want to wear anything heavy.
2. When you dont want to fuss about blush or even foundation, Bronzer is your BFF. Simply adding alight touch of bronzer to your to the top of the forehead, cheekbones, and along your jawline will add a hint of a healthy glow.
3. When youve been up all night with the baby or completing youre childs science project, a great concealer can come in handy. Use a concealer with a brush on applicator, like Cliniques Airbrush Concealer. It provides a smooth and flawless coverage, but also very easy and convenient to use.
4. If you going to do anything at all, mascara is a must! I meet a lot of women who dont have the time for makeup application, but, if theres anything that they do, its apply mascara.
5. Dont like lipstick? Dont have to time to reapply? Use a lip chubby instead, like Revlons Balm Stain. Why? You get the benefit of a lip liner and a lip balm all in one. They go on smooth, last for hours and come in a variety of vibrant colors.