It’s officially summer time and around this time, I always receive a lot of questions asking about the perfect makeup for the hot and humid season of summer. I know a lot of you, like myself, don’t want to be bothered by makeup, when it’s hot and sticky outside, yet, we still want to look our best. For this season, I strongly believe, less is more.
Here’s my list of summer beauty essentials:
1. REMEMBER, protecting yourself from the sun is vital for healthy skin. Neutrogena’s Wet Skin Sunblock Spray is perfect for the pool, beach and humid climates. No white residue, sweat proof, water proof, oil-free and PABA-free. Just spray it on, rub it in and go!
2. Waterproof mascara!! Never go to the beach and/or pool without it!
3. Who wants to feel caked up when its 80+ degrees out?? If you’re looking for good coverage, but want something light weight, try Smashbox’s Cream Ready BB Cream SPF 35. It’s a 5 in 1 (concealer, primer, foundation, tinted moisturizer & sunscreen), that provides good coverage, and yet doesn’t look or feel heavy.
4. Natural looking waves are in around this time of year and if you read my previous post, than you know Shea Moisture’s Organic Coconut & Hisbiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and Organic Coconut & Hisbiscus Curl & Hold Smoothie are great products to use for the beach wave look.
5. Get the sun-kiss look and keep it simple with bronzer. A little bronzer can go a long way!
6. While keeping it simple, you can always turn things up a notch with a vibrant lip color. Coral, is color of choice for summer. With coral, you can keep it chill with a pink tone or liven things up with an orange shade….there’s a hue for every woman.
If you a product or a list of beauty essentials for the summer, I’d love to hear about them. Tell us about them!