Hey Beauties! I know it’s been a minute since my last post, I’ve been a little wrapped up with another project that I’m working on (can’t wait to tell you about it!) and I just got back from vacation in Las Vegas, so I’m just settling in. Anyway, while in Vegas, I attended one of their much talked about day parties, and was inspired to do a post on poolside makeup tips.
Whether you’re poolside in DC, Miami, Vegas, LA or even in your own back yard, simplicity and waterproof makeup are key to giving good face by the water.
1. Sunscreen mixed with Foundation – For flawless skin with sun protection, a tinted moisterizer with SPF is your BFF. My fav is Smashbox’s Camera Ready BB Cream SPF
2. Waterproof Mascara - Remember simplicity and waterproof is key, so skip the eye shadow and eyeliner and just go straight to to the mascara.
3. Bronzer – Get a sunkissed glow without all the shimmer, for a flawless finish.
4. Pressed Powder – Keep your t-zone in check and shine proof with a compact pressed powder
5. Lip Color – Avoid the greasy or glossy look and stick with a matte or stained color that won’t easily rub off. You all know coral is my color for summer. Try a nice bright color to liven things up.
6. Nail Polish – A quick and easy way to accessorize your look, is by dressing up your fingers and toes with a nail polish. Try summer trends like seafoam, burnt topaz and or bright tangerine.
7. Accessorize – Whether it’s, sunglasses, a hat, earrings or bracelets, adding accessories can turn a simple look, into something fun. I for one, LOVE wearing hats.
Do you wear makeup to the pool/beach?? What makeup item(s) and/or accessories are a must-have for the beach/pool?