You know how were always trying to achieve that salon look at home, but it never quite looks or feel the same? Well, I think I found a DIY recipe for a silk press, that looks just like youve stepped out of the salon. Now, some of you are probably asking, what is a silk press. A silk press is a modern day hair press, but a flat iron is instead of a pressing comb. No grease or heavy oils to weigh your hair done. When a silk press done properly, your hair should feel light, shiny and silky.
Heres what I used:
- Paul Mitchells Clarifying Shampoo Three
- Suaves Keratin Infused Smoothing Shampoo (Still one of my faves)
- Suaves Keratin Infused Smoothing Conditioner
- Its A 10s Miracle Leave-In Product
- Biosilk Silk Therapy
- I washed my hair twice with Paul Mitchells Clarifying Shampoo.
- I used Suaves Keratin Infused Smooth Shampoo to
- Followed up with Suaves Keratin Conditioner, combing it through and did a steam treatment for about 30 mins (will do a post on the DIY steam treatment this week).
- Rinsed the conditioner out with cold water. Remember using cold water helps seal the moisture in your hair and increases shine.
- Applied Its a 10 Miracle Leave-In and combed it through the ends.
- Blew my hair dry
- Once dry I applied Biosilks Silk Therapy through my hair.
- I finished up by flat ironing my hair.
And here is the end result
Have you tried a DIY silk press? Let me know what you think.